- October 10, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: QuickBooks
Intuit is updating supported versions of QuickBooks Desktop Security Updates so that most users are now required to have a Complex Password, depending on what information they have stored in their file. Get QuickBooks support to save your valuable time at toll-free +1-877-715-0222.
This is a change from before, where you only were required to have this kind of password if you enabled Customer Credit Protection, a feature needed for security when storing credit card information in your QuickBooks files. Get
QuickBooks Desktop Security Information
- All customers should set up a password for their QuickBooks desktop file if they don’t already have one.
- Customers should protect all personal information. Never give out a username or password and make sure to use different passwords for each account.
- It recommends that all customers upgrade to the most recent version, QuickBooks desktop 2016.
- We recommend that customers use secure methods, such as the Accountant’s Copy File Transfer service when sharing QuickBooks files.
- To protect yourself from phishing and other social engineering attacks, don’t open suspicious emails or email attachments.
- We are committed to giving you the tools to protect your QuickBooks data. Thank you for taking action to apply the security fixes to your company file.
Change QuickBooks Desktop security update
- Security Update numbers, or employer identification numbers will be asked to set a complex password when they next sign into the file after this update.
- Users who have the “Credit Card Protection feature on and can view full credit card data will also be asked to set a complex password, and they will be required to change their password every 90 days.
- Other users asked to set up a password will not need to change their password every 90 days; however, Intuit strongly recommends changing passwords every 90 days.
- For users with sensitive information or credit card protection, setting a password is mandatory.
Contact QuickBooks Online support for More Information
In case you are still doubtful about the QuickBooks desktop security information, then feel free to contact the QuickBooks Online support for more information. In addition to this in case, you encounter any issues while setting up the password or installing the security updates, call the QuickBooks customer support and tell them about the issues.
Since all the customer support executives are highly trained, they will give a complete solution to all your issues and will enable you to solve your security issues. We know that your data security is of utmost importance and thus make sure that your data is not compromised. For assistance, give us a call on our toll-free number.